PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING POLICY:
MAPFRE S.A. (hereinafter MAPFRE), with registered office at Carretera de Pozuelo de Alarcón, nº52 Majadahonda 28222 Madrid (Spain), is the owner of this website, https://www.economiayseguro.com, and is the controller of the personal data provided by users via this website.
The user is hereby informed and consents to the processing of any data provided while browsing the website and any data generated by using the website, including, if applicable, any disclosures or international transfers of the data that may take place, for the purposes indicated in the section entitled “Why do we process your personal data?”
If the data provided relate to natural persons other than the user, the user warrants that he or she has sought and obtained prior consent from these persons to disclose their data, and that, prior to providing the data, he or she has informed these persons of the purposes for the processing, disclosures, and other terms established in the section entitled “Information on Data Protection.”
The user states that he or she is above the age of 14. Moreover, if, while browsing the website, the user provides data relating to minors, he or she, as the parent or guardian of the minor, expressly authorizes the processing of these data, including, if applicable, any data concerning health, in furtherance of the purposes described in the information on data protection.
The user warrants that the personal data provided are accurate and truthful, and he or she agrees to keep those data duly updated and to notify MAPFRE of any changes in those data.
Use of this website is subject to the Privacy and Personal Data Processing Policy, the Terms and Conditions of Use, and the Cookies Policy described in detail below. Please read them carefully. By accessing this website and using the materials it contains, you signify that you have previously read those policies and terms and conditions, and that you accept them unconditionally.
INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION:
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The information and/or personal data you provide to us, including any data concerning health, are saved in a file controlled by:
- Identity: MAPFRE S.A., with corporate taxpayer identification number [CIF] A-08055741
- Mailing address: Carretera de Pozuelo de Alarcón, nº52, 28222 Majadahonda – Madrid (Spain).
- Data Protection Officer contact information: DataProtectionOfficer.MAPFRE@mapfre.com
What data do we store?
MAPFRE acquires information about users. The following data are stored:
- The domain name of the provider (ISP) enabling users to access the Internet. For example, a user of provider XXX will be identified with the domain xxx.es.
- The date and time that our website is accessed.
- The Internet address of the site linking to our website.
Why do we process your personal data?
MAPFRE will process all data voluntarily provided while you browse the website, as well as any data acquired or generated through your Internet browsing or by other means, for the following purposes:
With respect to browsing and use of our website, we will process your data to:
- Offer the user a more personalized browsing experience.
- Compile statistics on the countries and servers that visit the website most often.
- Identify the times when traffic to the website is heaviest and make precise adjustments to prevent access problems.
- Assess the effectiveness of the various buttons and links pointing to our server, in order to promote those that offer the best results.
- Maintain a log of the user’s online activity.
- Prevent and investigate fraud.
- Maintain and manage, in an integrated and centralized manner, the user’s relationship with the MAPFRE Group.
Personal data that you provide via the online form to be notified about publications will be processed in order to:
- Notify you about the publication of issues of “Revista Economía y Seguro” [Economy and Insurance Magazine].
- Send you notifications about our new publications.
- To inform you about events held to present said publications.
All data collected, as well as the processing and purposes indicated above, are necessary or related to proper service and management of the website and, if applicable, to maintaining, developing, and tracking your relationship with MAPFRE.
How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored for a period of time determined by the following criteria: (i) the legal storage obligation; (ii) the obsolescence of the data subject’s data; and (iii) the data subject’s erasure request, when applicable.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
The consent of the data subject provides the legal basis for processing your data for the purposes indicated in the section entitled “Why do we process your personal data?”.
To whom will your data be disclosed?
MAPFRE S.A. may disclose your data, solely for the purposes indicated in the section entitled “Why do we process your personal data?”, to other companies belonging to the MAPFRE Group (www.mapfre.com), subsidiaries and investees, Fundación MAPFRE, and third parties with which we enter into partnership agreements.
Furthermore, any company belonging to the MAPFRE Group (www.mapfre.com), as well as subsidiaries and investees, may disclose personal data to any of the companies indicated above, for the purpose of maintaining and managing, in an integrated and centralized manner, the relationship of the data subjects with the various companies belonging to the MAPFRE Group, and so that the data subjects may benefit from access to their data by any of those companies, always in compliance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and with no need to inform the data subjects of each initial disclosure.
In the context of the disclosures indicated in the preceding paragraph, there may be international transfers of data to third countries or international organizations, regardless of the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission regarding those countries or organizations. International transfers to countries that cannot ensure an adequate level of protection will take place on an exceptional basis and only when they are essential to the cultivation of the data subjects’ relationship with the Company.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
In accordance with the terms and scope established in the current laws, rules, and regulations, every person has the right to:
- confirm whether or not MAPFRE is processing personal data concerning you, and access those data and the information about the processing of those data.
- request the rectification of inaccurate data.
- request the erasure of the data when, for example, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; in this case, MAPFRE will no longer process the data, except for purposes of the exercise or defense of possible legal claims.
- request that the processing of your data be restricted; in this case, your data may be processed only with your consent, although the data may be stored and used for the exercise or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
- object to the processing of your data; in this case, MAPFRE will no longer process the data, except for purposes of the defense of possible legal claims.
- receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to MAPFRE, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or request that MAPFRE transmit those data directly to another controller, where technically feasible.
- withdraw the consent you have given, if applicable, for the purposes indicated in the section entitled “Why do we process your personal data?”; such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
The aforementioned rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and portability may be exercised directly by the data subject, or by the data subject’s legal or voluntary representative, by writing to the Corporate Office for Data Protection and Privacy. Carretera de Pozuelo, 52. 28222 Majadahonda (Madrid) Spain
The data subject may lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, especially if he or she is dissatisfied with the exercise of his or her rights, via the webpage provided for this purpose by the respective supervisory authority.
If the user continues to browse the website and, if applicable, clicks on the “SUBMIT/CONTINUE/CALCULATE” button on data collection forms, he or she is deemed to be informed and to accept the terms and conditions established above.
MAPFRE S.A. accepts no responsibility for any information on this website from sources other than the MAPFRE Group, or for any content not created by the MAPFRE Group.
Any links on this website are solely for the purpose of informing the user of the existence of other sources of information about the topic on the Internet, which may expand upon the information offered on this website. [MAPFRE COMPANY] is not, under any circumstances, responsible for any result obtained via such hyperlinks.
The owner of the domain is MAPFRE S.A., with corporate taxpayer identification number [CIF] A-08055741 and registered office at Carretera de Pozuelo, 52. 28222 Majadahonda (Madrid), registered in the Commercial Register of Madrid in volume 307, folio 94; articles of incorporation dated November 10, 1942, executed before the notary of Madrid, Mr. Raimundo Noguera Guzmán. It consists of the websites associated with the www.economiayseguro.com domains.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
The user agrees to make proper use of the website. Proper use is defined as use that is in accordance with current legislation, good faith, and public policy.
Moreover, the user agrees to refrain from using the website for fraudulent purposes. The user further agrees to refrain from doing anything with the aim of damaging, rendering unusable, or overloading the website, or that may in any way hinder the normal use and operation of the website.
All rights reserved. The site design and source code, as well as any logos, brands, and other distinguishing elements appearing on the site, belong to MAPFRE and are protected by the applicable intellectual and industrial property rights.
Any reproduction, distribution, transformation, manipulation, public disclosure, or other act of exploitation, in whole or in part, whether for compensation or free of charge, of the texts, images, or any other content appearing on the website is strictly prohibited without the written authorization of the copyright holders.
MAPFRE S.A. reserves the right to make any temporary or permanent modifications, changes, deletions, or cancellations that may be deemed necessary with respect to the content and the manner in which the content is presented, at any time without prior notice, and the user must ensure that he or she is using the latest version at all times. This capability does not confer on users the right to recover any damages.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that reside on the user’s computer and that enable us to know the frequency of the user’s visits, the content that is selected most, and the security components that may play a role in controlling access to restricted areas. In addition, cookies enable advertising to be displayed based on criteria previously defined by MAPFRE; such advertising is triggered by cookies served by this company or by third parties that provide these services on MAPFRE’s behalf.
In general, the following types of cookies exist:
- Cookies that expire at different times:
- Session cookies: These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies do not expire when the browser is closed.
- Cookies from different sources.
- First-party cookies: These cookies are enabled by the website that the user is browsing.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies come from other websites.
- Cookies for different purposes:
- Technical cookies: These cookies enable the user to browse and use various services.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies enable the user to access the service with preset characteristics.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies enable tracking and analysis of user behavior.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies enable management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies enable management of advertising spaces. They store information about user behavior.
What types of cookies do we use and why?
On this website, the following types of cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Analysis cookies
These cookies are used to compile statistics on user activity. The information that is analyzed includes the number of users who visit the website, the number of pages visited, user activity on the website, and usage frequency.
The information that is collected is always anonymous, so it cannot be linked to the natural person to whom it refers.
- Authentication cookies
These cookies are used to manage the user’s session during each visit. They are mainly found in private areas of the website that can only be accessed with a user name and password.
- Cookies used by social networks
These cookies give users the option of sharing content of interest to them with their contacts on a social network by clicking on the respective button (plug-in) embedded in the website.
The plug-ins store and access the cookies on the user’s device, and they enable the social network to identify its users when they interact with the plug-ins.
- Cookies used by external content providers
These cookies are necessary to provide a service of some sort, and they are stored by third parties.
One example of cookies of this kind are multimedia player cookies, which are used to store technical data (such as image quality, load parameters, etc.) in order to play audio or video content.
- Third-party cookies for personalization of advertising spaces
These cookies enable management of the advertising spaces that users see when accessing the website, and they are stored by third parties.
Who accesses the information in the cookies?
The information stored in the cookies is used exclusively by MAPFRE.
Can cookies be deactivated?
However, if the user later wishes to delete the cookies that have been stored on his or her computer and that necessarily require his or her consent, he or she may do so using the tools provided by browsers for these purposes. The following links list the steps for deactivating cookies, depending on the user’s browser:
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/8.54/es-ES/cookies.html#privacy-cookie
If the user does not accept cookies or later rejects them, the website’s functionality may be limited.
Changes and updates to the Cookies Policy
MAPFRE and the companies belonging to the MAPFRE Group may amend this Cookies Policy based on legal or regulatory requirements, or for the purpose of adapting this policy to instructions and recommendations issued by regulators. Therefore, we recommend that users periodically review the Cookies Policy.